The Institute has a Council comprising of:
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- 3rd Vice President
- Immediate Past President
- Honorary General Secretary
- Assistant General Secretary
- Financial Secretary
- Publicity Secretary
- Research and Development Secretary
- Chapter Chairmen/Representatives
Three (3) Ex-Officio Members as follows:
- Chairperson of Association of Professional Women Builders of Nigeria (APBWN)
- Chairman of Association of Builders in Academia (ABA)
- Chairman of Association of Consultant Builders (ACB)
The Standing Committees of the Council are:
- Membership Committee
- Education and Examination Committee
- Professional Development and Practice Committee
- Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Marketing and Corporate Affairs Committee
- Research and Development Committee
- International Relations Committee
- NIOB/CORBON Joint Committee
- Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) Committee
- Craftsmen/Artisans Assessment Certification Board
- Building Products Endorsement Committee
Powers and Functions of the council
- The Council is the principal organ of the Institute for the purpose of formulating and implementing policies of the Institute.
- It shall source or raise money for the implementation of the Institute’s activities on terms and condition as shall be thought fit.
- The Council shall approve and publish from time to time the Code of Conduct, Ethics, Ethos, Practice Manual(s), Scale of Fees, Conditions of Engagement and Consultancy Agreement etc for members of the Institute. The Council shall issue as appropriate from time to time the required Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Units (MCPDU) and the required units for registration or transfer for a member to retain his membership.
- The Council shall appoint a Nomination and Election Committee at least 60 days before the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to conduct elections.
Representation on External Bodies
- The Council nominates financial Corporate Members to represent the Institute on Boards, Councils, Conferences, Committees, Commissions or other such bodies.
- Representatives submit regular or periodic reports of the activities of such bodies, to the Honorary General Secretary for the consideration of the Council.
- Members Representing the Institute on any organization shall retain their position on such organization only at the pleasure of the Council and in accordance with the provisions in the Articles/bye-laws(s) of this Constitution.
- A representative may resign, or withdraw before the end of his tenure upon notification of the Council in writing for at least one month.
- Re-appointment of a representative at the end of tenure is at the discretion of the Council. A member shall not be reappointed for more than two consecutive Council tenures in any Committee or external body.
- Appointments of such Representatives is based on spread and geo-political zones without compromising integrity, performance & competence.